Male Thread With Helical Shank French Fire Hose Quick Coupling
The standard of Guillemin Coupling is EN14420-8 or NF E29572. Materials are mainly stainless steel, aluminum, polypropylene and brass. Guillemin hose couplings is connected with thread and locking ring (latch). It can be used with DIN2817 safety clamp. Working pressure is 10 bar. Guillemin coupling is widely used in industries of oil, chemical, fire protection, paper manufacture, construction and metallurgy.
Guillemin couplings, also referred to as French couplings are symmetrical couplings where to identical halves are assembled by joining the lugs and turning the locking ring to ensure a good connection.
Simple and easy connection
Has a locking ring and soft seal
Large free flow area
Aluminum couplings are lighter in weight than stainless steel
Suitable for water, fluids, hydrocarbons, chemicals, and dry loose materials
|Product Name:||Guillemin Camlock Coupling|
|Sizes:||1” – 4” (DN25-DN100)|
|Standard:||EN14420-8 /NF E29572|
|Material:||Stainless steel 316/ 304, Aluminum, PP|
|Working pressure:||10 bar|
|Feature:||Light, flexible and interchangeable. To connect and disconnect without a tool. Economical|
|Application:||it is widely used in oil, chemical industry, fire fighting, paper manufacture, constructoin and metallurgy|
We are experienced as we have been in this industry as a manufacturer for more than 10 years. Both of quality and service are highly guaranteed. Absolutely prompt delivery. We can produce according to specific drawings from customers. Welcome OEM/ODM project. Strict control on quality. High efficient and well trained sale service team. ISO9001, CE and SGS certified.
1.Q: Are you a producer or trading company?
A: We are an experienced manufacturer. We own production line and kinds of machines.
2.Q: Can you make our specific logo on the part?
A: Yes please provide me your logo and we will make your logo on the part.
3.Q: Can you manufacture products according to my drawings?
A: Yes we can manufacturer according to client’s drawings if drawings or samples are available. We are experienced enough to make new tools.
4. Q: Can I get some samples?
A: We are honored to offer you our samples. Normally it is for free like 3-5 pcs. It is charged if the samples are more than 5 pcs. Clients bear the freight cost.
5. Q: How many days do you need to finish an order?
A: Normally it takes about 30 days to finish the order. It takes more time around CHINAMFG season, or if the order involves many kinds of different products.
6. Q: What kind of rubber washer do you apply to camlock couplings?
A: Normally we use NBR gasket.
Endurance of Helical Couplings for High Torque and Axial Motion
Helical couplings are designed to withstand a range of mechanical forces, including high levels of torque and axial motion:
- High Torque: Helical couplings are capable of transmitting high levels of torque due to their robust construction and the interlocking helical teeth. The helical design enhances the coupling’s ability to handle torque without compromising flexibility.
- Axial Motion: Helical couplings can accommodate limited axial motion without compromising their performance. This is especially beneficial in applications where shafts might experience slight axial displacement due to thermal expansion or other factors.
Engineers select helical couplings based on the anticipated torque requirements and axial motion characteristics of the application. It’s important to ensure that the selected coupling has the necessary torque rating and axial flexibility to meet the demands of the specific machinery or system.
Advantages of Using Helical Couplings in Industrial Applications
Helical couplings offer several key advantages when used in industrial applications:
- Misalignment Compensation: Helical couplings can accommodate angular, axial, and parallel misalignments between shafts, helping to extend the lifespan of connected components and reducing the risk of premature failure.
- High Torque Transmission: These couplings are designed to transmit high levels of torque between shafts, making them suitable for applications that require efficient power transmission.
- Backlash Reduction: The helical design minimizes backlash, ensuring accurate positioning and motion control in precision applications.
- Shock and Vibration Absorption: Helical couplings absorb shocks and vibrations, protecting connected equipment from excessive wear and minimizing noise in the system.
- Compact and Lightweight: The compact and lightweight design of helical couplings makes them ideal for applications with limited space and weight constraints.
- Easy Installation: Helical couplings are relatively simple to install, requiring minimal tools and expertise.
- Corrosion Resistance: Many helical couplings are made from materials that offer corrosion resistance, making them suitable for various environmental conditions.
- Cost-Effective: Helical couplings provide a cost-effective solution for flexible shaft connections, reducing the need for complex and expensive alignment procedures.
- Long Service Life: Properly installed and maintained helical couplings can have a long service life, contributing to the reliability of the overall system.
Overall, helical couplings are a versatile and reliable choice for industrial applications that require torque transmission, misalignment compensation, and vibration reduction.
Impact of Design and Pitch on Helical Coupling Performance and Reliability
The design and pitch of helical couplings play a crucial role in determining their performance and reliability:
Design: The design of a helical coupling includes factors such as the number of helical elements, their shape, and the arrangement of the helix angles. A well-designed helical coupling can provide a balance between torsional stiffness and flexibility. A higher number of helical elements can increase the coupling’s torsional stiffness, making it more suitable for applications that require precise torque transmission. On the other hand, a lower number of helical elements can enhance flexibility and misalignment compensation.
Pitch: The pitch of a helical coupling refers to the distance between successive helical threads. A smaller pitch results in a finer thread, offering higher torsional stiffness and accuracy in torque transmission. Couplings with a smaller pitch are often preferred for applications with precise positioning requirements. Conversely, a larger pitch provides more flexibility and misalignment compensation, making it suitable for applications with dynamic loads and vibrations.
Choosing the appropriate design and pitch depends on the specific application requirements. Applications demanding high torsional stiffness and accurate torque transmission may benefit from a coupling with a smaller pitch and more helical elements. Meanwhile, applications involving misalignment accommodation and dynamic loads may favor a larger pitch and fewer helical elements to maintain flexibility and shock absorption.
Ultimately, a well-matched design and pitch ensure that the helical coupling can effectively balance the need for torque transmission, misalignment compensation, and resilience to varying operating conditions, contributing to its overall performance and reliability in mechanical systems.
editor by CX 2023-09-27